San Francisco, CA, USAPlace:
Wed, February 24, 21Published on:
IA RESIDENTIAL DESIGN ASSISTANT
NICOLEHOLLIS, an award-winning large interior design firm, is looking for a talented and motivated IA design assistant to support our residential design team.
The IA Design Assistant contributes to the success of Nicole Hollis, Inc. by helping with general office and design tasks, drawing, sourcing, coordinating, filing libraries and images. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in residential interior design with an emphasis on high-end home design.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MATERIAL WORK FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
The main role of Design Assistant is to assist the designers during the design process by gathering the necessary design materials for projects, including:
- Materials, surfaces, appliances, plumbing, hardware and bathroom accessories.
- Color and finish options, preliminary color schemes
- Write mood boards, collect relevant pictures.
- Drafting of views, floor plans and presentation of presentation drawings.
Organize and maintain the design library:
- Set up meetings with vendors and present new materials to the project team
- Research building materials and surfaces.
- Maintain the library and send the samples back to the Design Center.
- Collect relevant images from magazines and books
- Research new products and materials
Prepare for customer meetings and other tasks as needed:
- Gather and pack the necessary materials and organize the meeting’s agenda
- Write and revise the facility specifications
- Create budgets, schedules, and specifications
- Enter meeting notes and create project folders
- Degree in interior design or interior design
- At least 2 years of experience in interior design
- Excellent presentation skills including room planning and drawing
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT
- Ability to read a range of design documents and section details
- Ability to create and manage Excel tables
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Knowledge and / or ability to learn about time recording and accounting software
- Experience in the selection and specification of mills, lighting, hardware, plumbing, materials and surfaces
- Experience with Spexx preferred
- Experience with Sketchup and / or 3DSMax preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with the design team on multiple projects
- Experience with budgets
- Knowledge of trading resources and providers
- Task Focus: Provides customers and vendors with legendary service that meets and exceeds expectations.
- Ethics and Integrity: Follow Nicole Hollis, Inc.’s values, beliefs, and principles for innovation and design excellence
- Serenity: stay calm, maintain perspective and react professionally to difficult situations
- Personal learning: Takes personal responsibility for continuously learning new knowledge, skills and experiences
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can function successfully in times of uncertainty and changing priorities
- Decision Making: Makes sharp and timely decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Interpersonal Skills: Builds effective relationships with everyone – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside of Nicole Hollis, Inc.
- Results-oriented: Achieve results and achieve goals
This position is full-time, perpetual, with full health coverage, 401 (k) Safe Harbor Matching, pre-tax flexible expense account, commuter benefits, 529 college pre-tax plan, and PTO
Please send your resume, portfolio and additional documents with CAD details, drawings, schedules and presentations and salary requirements to email@example.com
View your application history